My older skin isn’t Sahara dry but it seems to be in a constant state of dehydration. I use hydrating cleansers, good moisturizers–every day but my skin is still thirsty. Trust me, dehydrated skin, as opposed to plain old dry skin is hard to treat. So I nearly jumped for joy when City Beauty sent me their new MicroBiome Night Mask $65.
What Is It?
The MicroBiome Night Mask is a cruelty-free sleeping mask that works with your body’s night-time renewal process to help balance the skin’s microbiome.
The skin microbiome is comprised of billions of microorganisms that work together to keep your skin healthy and in great condition.
When your microbiome gets unbalanced, it can lead to various unwanted skin conditions associated with age (fine lines, wrinkles, redness, patchy skin tone, etc.).
MicroBiome Night Mask targets “skin dysbiosis”, this imbalance, and supports your skin’s protective barrier, so when you wake up in the morning, your skin looks renewed and refreshed. Probiotics and prebiotics also help naturally restore a healthy balance, while nutrient-dense plant extracts support healthy skin- renewal.
- Algaktiv® BioSKN Helps your skin defend itself against blemish-causing bacteria by supporting the good bacteria that live on your skin. It does this by delivering “superfood” nutrients and prebiotics to stimulate cell turnover and maintain the health of good bacteria. The result is balanced skin that looks clear and even.
- Biolin Helps maintain a healthy skin barrier by boosting your skin’s natural resistance to undesirable bacteria. It does this by supporting the growth of good bacteria without stimulating harmful bacteria.
- Ecoskin® Creates a brighter, more youthful look to the skin by inhibiting harmful bacteria growth. It also nourishes the skin’s surface to create a long- lasting smoothing effect.
- RevivylTM Promotes better hydration by increasing skin exfoliation and renewal up to 244%. It also helps improve the skin’s “glow” by naturally stimulating your skin’s renewal process.
- KombuchkaTM Smooths and plumps the appearance of uneven skin surface. It also gives a fresh and radiant look to the complexion by helping to enhance skin luminosity, clarity, and tone.
When and How to Use
MicroBiome Night Mask has a lovely lightweight almost gel-like texture and is a pale lavender color. Meant to be used every night after cleansing, I use a skincare spatula to apply a thin layer, follow with my eye cream and I’m ready for bed. It’s suitable for all skin types, including sensitive. The pH range is 5.75 – 6.25.
Unlike most skincare products, this mask is not meant to be used in conjunction or layered with other skincare products. How refreshing, no need for extra serums or creams! And also unlike most sleeping masks, this one you wash off in the morning.
Wrinkles & fine lines are less visible, skin-tone appears brighter & more even, and the skin’s surface looks dramatically smoother. What I love most is that it supports healthy skin barrier for deep hydration and encourages natural skin cell-renewal. Together, these effects take years off your appearance while you sleep!
MicroBiome Night Mask is
- – Formaldehyde-free
- – Paraben-free
- – Phthalate-free
- – Sulfate-free
- – Gluten-free
- – Soy-free
- – Dairy-Free
- – Vegan
- – Cruelty-free
- – Made in USA